Please register here.
Aims and Scope
Being the mouthpiece of the Centre for Mediterranean Studies at the Ruhr University Bochum, the Zeitschrift für Mittelmeerstudien (ZfM) (ISSN 2749-7429) aims to promote a sustainable Mediterranean perspective on historical and contemporary events and processes in the Mediterranean and to provide a publication platform of international scope. ZfM is a peer-reviewed, interdisciplinary, freely accessible, trilingual (language of publication being either German, English or French) Journal of international scope and also addresses young scholars of Mediterranean Studies. As a Gold Open Access journal covering the spectrum of humanities, cultural and social sciences in all epochs of the Mediterraneum, it makes the results of national and international Mediterranean research freely accessible and reusable.
Open Access and Self-Archiving Policy
The Zeitschrift für Mittelmeerstudien operates in a Gold Open Accesss Modus under Creative Commons licence Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0). ZfM is free to access for everyone without any charges, nor are there any fees or charges for authors. Authors are entitled to deposit a PDF of the version of record on their own personal website and/or that of their employer, as well as in institutional and/or centrally organized repositories, provided that the Zeitschrift für Mittelmeerstudien is attributed as the original place of publication and that correct citation details are given. Authors should also deposit the URL of their published article.
* There are no deadlines for the submission of articles. Papers submitted to be considered for publication are welcome at all times.
* Contributions will be accepted in either English, German or French.
* It is part of our policy to keep the time span for the editorial process as short as possible.
* ZfM is a pure online journal, i.e. papers accepted for publication and formatted according to our style sheet will be published immediately thereafter without further delay.
* Any contribution will be published under licence Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0).
* There are no publication fees or other charges for authors.
* Articles and papers accepted for publication will not be thoroughly reviewed by a Language Editor by ZfM.
* The journal operates in an anonymous peer-review mode.
* Final acceptance of submitted articles will be decided following consideration of the reviewers’ feedback.
* Submissions of articles can be made any time by e-mail attachment in an usual format (Word, RTF, TXT or ODT) to the managing editor Andreas Eckl (firstname.lastname@example.org) or to any of the editors (see Editorial Team).
Please register here.
We log anonymous usage statistics. Please read the privacy information for details.
Dario Böcker (Assistant)
Katharina Krause (Assistant)
Constance von Rüden
Editorial Advisory Board
Jo Van Steenbergen