Please register here.
The editorial team of ZfM highly appreciates your efforts to adapt your text according to the formal requirements of our journal before submission.
* There are no deadlines for the submission of articles. Papers submitted to be considered for publication are welcome at all times.
* It is part of our policy to keep the time span for the editorial process as short as possible.
* ZfM is a pure online journal, i.e. papers accepted for publication and formatted according to our style sheet will be published immediately thereafter without further delay.
* Any contribution will be published under licence Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
* There are no publication fees or other charges for authors.
* Contributions will be accepted in either English, German or French.
* Articles and papers accepted for publication will Not be thoroughly reviewed by a Language Editor.
* The journal operates in an anonymous peer-review mode.
* Final acceptance of submitted articles will be decided following consideration of the reviewers’ feedback.
* Submissions of articles can be made any time by e-mail attachment in an usual format (Word, RTF, TXT or ODT) to the managing editor Andreas Eckl (firstname.lastname@example.org) or to any of the editors (see Editorial Team).
* Articles sent to the journal should be previously unpublished manuscripts, which have not been submitted for print at any other publisher or institution.
* Papers submitted to the editorial team should be in accordance with the Publication Ethics of the Journal.
* The Author bears full responsibility for obtaining all necessary permission for publication of any illustration material.
* The Author is obliged to sign a non-exclusive license agreement granting the Editors the right to use her/his work in all fields of exploitation, without transferring the Author’s property rights. An appropriate form – which will be provided to the Author after the contribution is approved – should be filled in and sent back to the Editors.
* Submissions have to be prepared according to the authors’ guidelines (see below).
* There are no strict guidelines with regard to the length of contributions. A “standard” article usually has about 8.000 - 10.000 words (not characters).
* Double inverted commas (“xx”) should strictly be used for quotations only, meaning that every use of double inverted commas does ask for a detailed reference.
* Each article should also contain:
- the Author’s affiliation (with the official name of the institution, preferably in English), email address and ORCID number (if available)
- an abstract in English and an abstract in the language of publication (max 1000 characters each)
- an English translation of the article’s title (should the original text be in a language other than English)
- 4-8 keywords in English
- a bibliography of all works quoted (for guidelines see below)
* Illustrations should be supplied in an electronic form appropriate for the publication, colour and greyscale images (i.e. photos) in .jpg or .tif format, 300 - 600 dpi
* Captions should contain a short information on what is represented and information on authorship or source of the illustration.
* References should be provided in brackets in the main text using the author/date method.
* Suggested system of quotation for references:
- one author: Name date: page(s), figure(s) etc., e.g. (Brehl 2005: 15-19)
- two or three authors to be separated by a slash: (Brehl/Eckl/Platt 2019:13)
- more than three authors: Name of the first author et al. date: page(s), e.g. (Dabag et al. 2004: 15)
- when more than one position is quoted, please separate them with a semicolon
- several works of the same author with the same date must be marked with a, b etc., e.g. (Brehl 2005a:17; Brehl 2005b: 28). Same applies for bibliography.
* All works quoted in the paper must be included at the end of the work in the form of a bibliography.
Websites and online sources
* References for websites and online sources must be provided in footnotes: First name Last name (if authored), Page Title”, date (if indicated), full link (http://www.url.com), e.g. creative commons, “Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)”, https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/
* All links must be valid by the time of submission.
* All references to websites and online sources must also be included in the bibliography at the end of the paper in a separate section.
* All works quoted in the paper (with the exception of original source texts) have to be enumerated at the end of the main text in the form of a bibliography.
* In the bibliography, all authors/editors of the work should be quoted (also if their number exceeds three names).
* Titles and abbreviations of series, journals, lexica etc. should normally be italicised.
* Place and date of publication must be indicated, whereas publisher’s name is not a must
* Full page numbers are required for any contribution which is not independent (i.e. articles in Journals, edited volumes, lexica, etc.).
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.
Please register here.
We log anonymous usage statistics. Please read the privacy information for details.
Dario Böcker (Assistant)
Katharina Krause (Assistant)
Constance von Rüden
Editorial Advisory Board
Jo Van Steenbergen